Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sticky Fingers

What to do when your husband takes your 5 year old to the in-laws for 2 days and you're home alone with a 2 year old?  Obviously, you make maple marshmallows!  After spending last Sunday freezing my buns off making a mere 7 gallons of maple syrup, we decided that roasting marshmallows would be the best thing to do with the roaring fire!  That got me thinking about the potential for maple marshmallows.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!  

Having already made amazing marshmallows last year, I decided to tweak a successful recipe.  I love Alton Brown's Homemade Marshmallows.  After a little research, it seemed as though the maple recipes came in 2 categories.  Real syrup or maple extract.  Coming from a syrup making family, I had to opt for the former.  I swapped out the corn syrup in Alton's recipe for equal parts maple syrup.  They turn out slightly beige, but darn tasty and kid approved...



Sadly, that's the extent of my endeavors this week.  No craft projects, no real kid activities this week.  I've been slacking!  With any luck at all, we will spend this weekend making a ton of maple syrup and I should have muddy kiddo pics to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment