Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Water + dirt + snow = ?

That's right, some nasty freezing cold mud puddles!  The most exciting thing since sliced bread if you're 5 years or younger!  Removing said children from the mud puddle makes them really mad.  I mean REALLY mad!  Like, as you're attempting to disrobe the 2 year old, he's desperately trying to pull his wet gear back on and screaming at you!


So, this past weekend was the annual New Hampshire Maple Weekend where all the sugar houses in the state are open for tours and samples.  This season has been terrible...likely the worst on record.  Too cold for the sap to run.  The fun of Maple Weekend is that we get to see lots of family and a bunch of family friends.  It's a mini reunion of sorts.  Each year we take a family sap house pic, so here you go...


The next one is my hubby and father-in-law hard at work taking off syrup.  I love how serious and happy he is when he's in the zone of the sap house.  I've listened to him give the tour so many times that I could probably do it myself, but my job is strictly canning the syrup and handing out the samples.  Too much pressure if I had to do all the technical stuff!


No real baking this week.  We weren't home at all!  We did celebrate National Waffle Day...having breakfast for dinner, or, as we call it, Brinner.  It was delicious!  The kids absolutely love celebrating the oddball food holidays, so I often refer to The Nibble for fun food days.  The more obscure, the better, and more fun!  March 28 happens to be National Food On A Stick day...think of the endless possibilities! My kids will always eat things on sticks.  Meat, fruit, veggies, popsicles, etc.  Give them something to dip them in and you're good to go!  Toothpicks work great for the little ones, easier to manage! 

I did manage to do one minor crafty thing this week...


Nothing crazy, just an old grapevine wreath, a stalk of purple flowers and an "S", both on 50% off sale at Michael's last week.  I snipped up the flower stem into manageable pieces and jammed those into the wreath form.  The "S" is wired on with fishing line.  Easy and pretty cute. 

Word is, we might actually feel some warmth this week.  Maybe we can finally get the kids outside and make some syrup!


No comments:

Post a Comment