Thursday, August 28, 2014

Winding Down and Gearing Up

The last week of summer.  I know, some of you are already back to school and are a little envious of this beautiful weather we get to enjoy!  


We hit the Splash Pad for one last summer fling after finishing up back-to-school shopping.  Thankfully kindergartners don't really need much!  



The worst part of this week was my big guy having to leave the day care he's been at since he was 12 weeks old!  This is the letter he wrote.  


I was crying when he told me what he wanted to write.  Don't be alarmed...he truly can't spell all of it...we worked on it together, but his writing looks darn good, eh?  :)  Matthew is the first child our day care provider has taken from baby to kindergarten and she was doing so well not breaking down in front of him, until we pulled out of the driveway!  It's going to be a very odd feeling dropping only one child there from now on.  I dread the day when we leave her completely!

I did make some cookies for the kiddos at day care (and my mom who returned to her classroom this week).  They were a big hit!



We dropped off the last of the paperwork to the school...how lovely and quiet it is right now.  Imagine a week from now when it's flooded with crazy 5 year olds!


GlnLkSch

Oh, and I made a cake for one of our OT's at work who is getting married Saturday.  We threw her a little shower this week.  We highly recommend the Chocolate Marshmallow Cake recipe!  It's essentially a giant Hostess Cupcake!!!!!  What could be wrong about that?


More to come next week with some of my favorite Pinterest projects for the 1st day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment