Friday, September 5, 2014

Kindergarten Kraziness

And so it begins...the dawn of a new era in our household.  Having a school-aged kiddo.  

It's a frightening prospect, for sure!  And while I knew he would have a great day, my anxiety was through the roof until I saw him walk through the front door, great the principal and march down the hall like he'd done it a thousand times.  "I know where Mr.____'s classroom is mom."  That being said with the tone of a million kids who think their parents are dumb!


Of course this proud mom thinks her kid looked pretty darn handsome on his first day of school.  I got the free printable sign from Yellow Bliss Road.


The t-shirt idea came from here.


I definitely need to start a journal of school stories, though I doubt they will ever have the same feel/enthusiasm as when your 5 year old describes his daily activities.  Something gets lost in translation!  The only highlight of his first day of school?  How two of his classmates threw up during lunch.  Certainly memorable, but surely something more positive happened during the day!  Now, after 3 days of school, I finally have names of some of the children and a few activities they did without having to painfully tease each detail out.

Lots of fun cooking stories for next week as my husband has planned an opening game day shindig with friends and, since he has a "cooking robot", as he likes to call me, there is fun food on the agenda.  Looking forward to sharing a few of our favorite recipes this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment