Monday, October 13, 2014

Roar!


This is a week late in posting, but things have been a wee bit hectic here.  And, I was slacking.  Sorry!  :)


My super cute nephew turned one last Sunday and his parents (aka my sister and brother-in-law) requested a dinosaur theme.  Apparently my brother-in-law had a thing for dinos when he was little and is now sharing this with his little man.  Whatever the reason, it makes for a darn cute theme!  I found it quite amusing since they are both vegetarians tho...I would have totally rocked the carnivore end of things if it was my kiddo's party, but alas, herbivore it was.  I did sneak in some carnivorous stromboli so my meat eaters didn't go hungry!


The kids enjoyed finding the dinosaur eggs hidden around the yard, stuffed with mini plastic dinos and dino temporary tattoos.  Ben is still telling me his has washed off and we should put another one on, a week later.  Poor kid, I guess I deprived him all this time by not ever getting the boys tattoos!  Who knew!

The cake was a hit, despite minor surgery that had to be done after transporting it over bumpy roads an hour away!  Ignore the random indents from the cake carrier!  I had plans for palm trees but they might have shattered on the way there.  Better planning next year!




The cupcake stand was saved from a year ago when we were supposed to have my sister's baby shower.  She spent 3 weeks in the hospital on bed rest and then delivered William almost 8 weeks early.  He was supposed to be a Thanksgiving baby.  That put a damper on our shower plans.  We revised them to have a smaller shindig in the hospital, but, the morning of the shower, I get a call that she's in labor.  Seriously?!?!?!  So, all of my baking efforts got delayed!  We saved the cupcake stand and made good use of it this year.  Thankfully my nephew decided he could celebrate his birthday this time around!  Clearly he enjoyed his cake!


Happy Birthday Will!  Can't wait to start working on next year's cake!





No comments:

Post a Comment