Friday, February 6, 2015

Groundhog Day...again


I hate the furry little beast.  It is truly the most ridiculous tradition we have going.  We wait with baited breath to find out what a rodent predicts?  Really?  Naturally this year he decided 6 more weeks of winter.  I can't take any more winter!  We got a good 14 inches of snow last week and piled on another foot in the days following that.  I hear another foot predicted for Monday.  I'm going to lose my children outside if it doesn't melt soon!





It's also been way too cold to be out in it for any length of time.  But we managed a few runs down the massive pile of snow that the plow nicely made for the boys (or that's what we tell them!).

Unfortunately, in the week after my last post, the little one succumbed to another round of the stomach bug and we were forced to postpone their birthday party, much to the dismay of the big one who spent the day in tears, despite our valiant attempts to do semi fun things with sick boy.

Last weekend, our big one turned....6!!!!!!!!!!  Not sure how I ended up with a 3 and 6 year old, but here he is...


We let him pick where to go to eat and for 2 years now he's selected The Airport Diner.  We're big fans and love that he wants to go for breakfast!  We get to watch the planes taking off and landing and much of the decor is classic diner with fun airplane accents.  The food is great and reasonably priced.  The waitstaff is friendly and very accommodating.  And most of the menu items you can get any time of day.  Bonus for the little one deciding he wanted a hot dog and fries at 8 am!

He also picked birthday dessert as we save the big cake for the family party.  This year he opted for Alton Brown's Peanut Butter Pie.  I do not make the peanut butter.  Though one of these days I'd like to, just for kicks!  The pie is delicious (essentially a giant Reese's peanut butter cup) and must come with whipped cream.  It's become a favorite in our household and the typical request of my husband on his birthday.


(I added sprinkles...because it's a birthday pie!)

So, we're back to birthday party prep since we're going to attempt round 2 this weekend, barring any illnesses and/or mother nature's wrath being unleashed yet again.  Cross your fingers for success as I really want to make the turtle-train cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment